21150 Box Springs Road, Ste 202
Moreno Valley, CA 92557-8718
San Luis Obispo County
San Diego County
SpecialtyArea Advisor - Farm Management /Agricultural Economics - Production economics, decision-making at the farm level, integrated input management, risk managementSubtropical Fruit Crops (Citrus, Avocados) Vegetable crops, Field CropsRiverside, San Diego, San Bernardino, Imperial, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Los Angles, Orange and Ventura.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Ag Commodities and Products - General
- Plant Commodities and Products
- Subtropical Fruits
- Watersheds and River Basins
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Economics, Markets, and Policy
- Economics of Agricultural Production and Farm Management
- WANG, ZHENG; C, SWETT and J. D. C. MUNERA, et al. (2022). Watermelon Production in California. UCANR 7000 Series. UCANR. 12.
- Daugovish, Oleg; Faber, Ben, et al. (2020). Cover crop and mulch practices reduce agricultural pollutant loads in stormwater runoff from plastic tunnnels. California Agriculture, The research Journal of UCANR. UC Agriculture and Natural Resources. Vol. 74:Issue 3, 15-22. https://escholarship.org/uc/item/9hq0b3pr
- Phillippe Rolshausen, Craig Kallensen; Jennifer Becker, Ivan Milosavijevic (2022). Topics in Subtropics.C. Ben Faber and 2. Winter. 22, 4 editions.
Takele, Etaferahu, D. Stewart and D. Sumner, 2021. Avocado Establishment & Production Costs & Profitability Analysis in High-Density Plantings, pp: 42-44: From the Grove, Spring 2021, California Avocado Commission, Spring (invited).
Takele, Etaferahu, Investigating the Economic Feasibility of High-Density Avocado Planting in San Diego County pp. 28-32: The Avocado Quarterly, The California Avocado Society, August 2021 (invited)
Ben Faber, Craig Kallsen, Peggy Mauk, Sonia Rios, Monique Rivera, Philippe Rolshausen and Eta Takele, Editors. Topics in Subtropics Newsletter (4 editions, Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer). University of California Cooperative Extension, Fresno, Kern, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Tulare and Ventura Counties, V. 20, summer 2021; Volume 19, Spring 2021, Volume 18, Winter 2021, Volume 17, Fall 2020. https://ucanr.edu/sites/Farm_Management/Topics_for_Subtropics_Newsletters/
Takele, Etaferahu, D. Stewart and D. Sumner. High Density Avocado Planting: A Potential for Profit? Topics in Subtropics Winter 21, Vol 19, pp.2-3, https://ucanr.edu/sites/Farm_Management/files/348279.pdf
Takele, Etaferahu, D. Stewart and D. Sumner, 2020. Avocado Establishment and Production Costs and Profitability Analysis in High Density Planting, University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, Cooperative Extension and Agricultural Issues Center, UC Davis Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, UCCE, AIC, UC Davis-ARE, Nov. 2020 https://coststudyfiles.ucdavis.edu/uploads/cs_public/38/fa/38fa8f9c-c93b-4c62-9740-a850bbc40df9/2020lemonsventuracounty.pdf
Takele, Etaferahu; Faber, Ben, et al. (2020). Lemon Establishment and Production Costs and Profitability Analysis in Ventura County, 2020. Topics for Subtropics. Vol. 18, Fall, pp. 10-11.
Takele, Etaferahu (2020). Sample Costs to Establish an Orchard and Produce Eureka Lemons,University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, Cooperative Extension and Agricultural Issues Center, UC Davis Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, UCCE, AIC, UC Davis-ARE, Nov. 2020 ANR:https://coststudyfiles.ucdavis.edu/uploads/cs_public/38/fa/38fa8f9c-c93b-4c62-9740-a850bbc40df9/2020lemonsventuracounty.pdf. 23.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Desert - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Small Farm - Member
- Sub Tropical Crops - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Warm Season Vegetables - Member
- Waste Management and Compost - Member